Chocolate Protein Banana Smoothie
Few nutrients are as important as protein.
Protein is the building block of your muscles, skin, enzymes and hormones, and it plays an essential role in all body tissues.
Not everyone has the same protein requirement. It depends on many factors, including body weight, muscle mass, physical activity and age.
To learn more about the importance of protein, read this blog post by my friend on the importance of protein shakes for women (German only).
One of the easiest ways to kickstart your day is by enjoying a balanced smoothie loaded with proteins!
Here, I’m sharing a simple yet delicious protein-packed smoothie recipe:
Chocolate protein Banana Smoothie
- 1 Cup Unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Handful Spinach
- 1 Cup Berries
- 1 Tbsp almond or cashew nut butter
- 1 Scoop or serving protein chocolate powder
- 1 Tbsp tablespoon chia seeds
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately or place in an airtight jar and refrigerate.