Irresistibly Crispy Tofu
The key to getting tofu nice and crispy is to first remove excess moisture. We wrap the block of tofu in a clean kitchen towel and place a heavy pan on top of it to press out as much water as possible. When searing the tofu, resist the urge to move it around. Instead, allow it to form a crust before flipping, and then again let it cook undisturbed on the other side until browned.
- 200 gram Organic extra firm Tofu
- 1 tbps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Toss your tofu in oil, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
- Bake at 180C. Spread your prepared tofu across a sheet pan. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.